Thursday, February 24, 2011

Amber & Calen.


One of my dearest and longest friends got married last September.  She and her now-husband (who have been together since they were 15!) chose beautiful Catalina Island for their wedding since it held a lot of memories of their years together.  It was an extra special occasion for me and T since Catalina was the place we met (also at a wedding!) and this trip was first time we had been back to the island since.  I was thrilled to do her ceremony and personal flowers, but since I was a bridesmaid, she saved me the workload of doing her reception decor so I could enjoy the day with her and the rest of the ladies.  Such a good friend.


We had a little mishap with one of those big guys in the back.  There were supposed to be six, but one of the volunteer helpers (uh-hm... groomsmen) dropped the sucker carrying it up the stairs.  Cue me lowering the ceremony piece count to four - to keep it even - and then filling Amber in on the uh-oh.  She was pretty sure I was joking the first few times I told her one of 'em broke, but once it sunk in she was cool as a cucumber about it. 


Her lovely bouquet.  Amber's middle name is Rose, so it was no-brainer for the flower selection.


A fuller view of the ceremony.  Amber got crafty and made those little paper cones on the ends of the chairs herself.  We filled them up with petals for the guests to toss post-ceremony.  Such a beautiful idea - you can see proof in the first photo above.


Oh yeah, and we did some simple hydrangea buckets for the rehearsal dinner.   Hydrangea is one of those flowers that always looks so awesome all by itself.  These are a simple example, but they were perfect for the casual feel of the night.

Congratulations again to Amber and Calen!  I am SO happy for them and can't wait until they have a mini version of themselves!

All photos courtesy of D2 photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment