Thursday, February 4, 2010

And so begins my foray into color boards.

As wedding season approaches, it seems as though I am spending a lot of my time dreaming up color schemes (partly because its my job, but mostly because I wonder what I would choose for my big day, but I digress). I have to say I'm pretty darn good at this process, and so I thought I'd share. Whenever I ask a bride her color scheme, nine times out of ten, she will limit herself to two colors. Why just two? I LOVE color, so when my wedding day comes, I don't think I'll be able to limit myself to just a pair from the rainbow. How about three? Or even four? Here is my first color board of the season: plum, buttery yellow, and grey. Quite appropriate for an early spring bride; yellows representing the early days of spring, and grey to tie in the winter we are leaving behind. And of course some eggplant purple to add some contrast and a little boldness to your big day.

From Chandra Abel Designs


Bridesmaid's dress by Thread, floral designs by yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment