Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Family Affair.




So in August of last year, my beautiful niece got married, and I happily did the personal flowers for her and her man. The wedding was in my brother's backyard, of which the whole family put weeks (if not months) of work into transforming their miniature canyon into the perfect venue for a summer wedding. Her colors were grey and white, so I was so excited to come across the last bit of dusty miller (the velvety, grey leaves) at the LA Flower Market to include in her bouquet. I also used leucadrendrons, and striped off all of the leaves and used the button at the center (grey acorn-lookin' things) to get some grey for her girls' bouquets. I wanted to include some green for contrast, and she really loves kale, so you'll see that in her bouquet and in the maids' too. As for the white, we used the trusty ol' mini callas and hydrangea, and threw some miniature cymbidiums in there to gussy it up a bit. The maids also had freesia in theirs to set them apart from Lea's bouquet. The photos show Lea being walked down the aisle by her dad (my half-bro), plus you'll see her coming back from getting her hair done and discovering the bouquets in her dressing room.

No comments:

Post a Comment